Basketball quickly becomes a getaway for Wes and his friends. What activities do you enjoy doing while trying to cope with difficult situations?

 




Basketball quickly becomes a getaway for Wes and his friends. What activities do you enjoy doing while trying to cope with difficult situations?

Whenever I have to cope with a difficult situation, my very first step is always a nap. I think a nap is the best first step to coping with a difficult situation, because it is a recharge. I think of how anyone in IT when they’re trying to troubleshoot your issue always tells you to turn it off and turn it back on. I take that approach. When I’m faced with a tough decision, or have to have a difficult conversation, I take a nap to help myself reenergize, and also buy some time. Sleep has become a great coping method because it allows me to rest and not approach any situation while tired. My mom has always said it is a blessing to be able to sleep when you have problems or are stressed out, because most people have insomnia when they’re stressed out. My body automatically gets ready for sleep when I’m stressed. The next thing I usually do is listen to music or podcasts. Keeping my brain occupied and distracting myself has always helped me. I can listen to any kind of music to get myself through. Listening to podcasts can get me through any stressful day. When I’m doing household chores or trying to procrastinate having to do some unpleasant tasks, I just put on some music to get me pumped up or I put on my favorite podcasts and get lost in it until I’m able to complete my task or face the issue I’m avoiding.


Comments

  1. I'm not going to lie, sleeping is one of my favorite things to do. I nap literally every day and on most days I do it for too long, it's so bad. I will say, though, that I get some of the wildest dreams whenever I nap. I think I really like that aspect of sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the approach you take on dealing with difficult situations. I feel like sleep just does the body good. You wake up with a fresh mind and an energized body. It's the absolute best way to start anything off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that you are aware of your approaches when needing to face difficult situations. Unlike you, when I am faced with a difficult situation, I cannot sleep. I like your comparison of the IT solution of turning it off and then turning it back on. Sleep does wonders for your body and I can see how it would benefit you when having to face a tough situation. I can relate to you when it comes to listening to music, but I will have to give listening to podcasts a try.
    -Vanesa Munoz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rebecca! I enjoyed reading your blog because I definitely agree with you. I think it's important to take time out to really sit on the decision and taking a nap has always been my go to as well. Listening to music has also been my go to when dealing with a stressful situation like making an important decision. However, I haven't tried podcasts but I've been meaning to because I heard they're very relaxing and informative to hear different perspectives.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Literacy History Blog Assignment 1

Is Fast Food the New Tobacco?